We all know it is challenging enough to stick to a new diet or lifestyle, and then a holiday like Halloween pops up that celebrates everything you’ve given up. Well the good news is there are always options. You’ll be happy to know we’re sharing a couple of tasty, Dr. Sauer approved, Halloween treats that we’re sure you’re going to enjoy!
Makes 8 fingers
• 2 dates, chopped with pits removed + 1 Tb water
• 1/3 c. raw walnuts
• 1/3 c. raw almonds
• 1/3 c. raw cashews
• 1 Tb raw cacao powder
• 4 raw almonds, sliced in half
1. In a food processor, blend dates and water until a rough paste is formed.
2. Add nuts and cacao. Blend until a dough forms.
3. Using 1 Tb of dough, form into finger shapes with hands.
4. Place almond slice at the tip for fingernail.
5. Chill for 15 minutes or devour immediately.
Makes 32 mouths
• 4 organic apples (any variety will work but red apples resemble a mouth the best);
• Creamy almond butter;
• Raw sliced almonds;
• Lemon juice
1. Quarter and core the apples.
2. Cut out a wedge length-wise on the skin side of the apple quarters to create the “mouth”.
3. Brush the cut sides of each apple with lemon juice to prevent browning.
4. Spread each wedge on one side with almond butter.
5. Place some almond slices in the almond butter-filled wedges to create the teeth.
Refer a friend to one of our upcoming seminars! It is our mission to reach as many people in the FM area as possible and we rely on you to share your success stories with others.