Weeknights get BUSY and you don’t always have time to cook a healthy dinner for your family. Don’t bother turning the oven on in these last few weeks of summer and enjoy the warm weather a little longer by grilling out tonight!
Foil packs are super easy if you haven’t cooked in them before. Try not to get intimidated by the ingredient list of this recipe, I promise it is fool proof and really simple. I used to pre-judge a recipe based on how many ingredients were required. Now, I instead look at how many “real” ingredients it has. When the recipe calls for processed foods that I know are going to make me feel tired, bloated, and
If you hate quinoa, use rice! If you ordered Chinese takeout this week and have leftover white rice in your fridge, use that! (We are all human, no judgement here.)
The best part about this recipe, is it is very flexible. If you’re just getting around to trying this recipe when the snow is on the ground, go ahead and plop these packets into the oven instead.
Like it spicy? Add a few extra shakes of your red pepper flakes. Hate the heat? Then omit them completely. You can also use whatever veggies you found this week at the farmers market. Personally, I love this combination because the textures seem to blend well for me. I enjoy the crunch of the snap peas!
Reasons to Eat Clean
Incase you haven’t noticed by now, all of the recipes we post are made from real ingredients and whole foods. Eating a highly processed diet full of added sugars will literally make you ill. Eating a well- balanced diet will not only make you feel better, but it will give you more energy to get out and tackle your day with confidence.
If you’re knew to our page, and wondering where to get started in your journey for better health, be sure to read How To Be Healthier in Just 6 weeks. If you’re familiar with what we do and are looking for one on one help along your journey, contact our office today to set up your free 15 minute consultation!
This recipe is both gluten and dairy-free. Both of which are inflammation triggers in our bodies. Have been suffering from daily aches and pains, headaches, or brain fog? I highly recommend you consider the foods you are eating to be the culprit! There are many reasons Why People Chose to Go Gluten-Free. Gluten isn’t always the answer though, some people can tolerate gluten and instead their symptoms are caused by dairy. If you think dairy could be a trigger for you, visit our blog and discover Reasons to Stop Eating Dairy.
Perhaps you just stumbled across this recipe because it looked delicious and you were needing some dinner inspiration! Whatever the reason you are here, we welcome you! Give this simple dish a try tonight and let us know if the comments below how it turned out!
Grilled Sesame Shrimp Foil Pack
- 1 pound shrimp (16-20 count) peeled and deveined
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 zucchini cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas cut in half (bite size bits)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa can substitute rice if preferred
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp organic honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Pour into a gallon zip lock bag with shrimp. Put into fridge and allow shrimp to marinade for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. (medium-high heat)
- Prepare 4 large sheets of non-stick aluminum foil. (can spray with non-stick cooking spray if you have regular tin foil). Remove shrimp from marinade and divide into 4 equal parts. Set aside remaining marinade.
- Scoop ½ cup quinoa onto one foil piece. Then layer with 1 cup spinach. Followed by ¼ cup zucchini and ¼ cup snap peas. Top with divided shrimp. Repeat for each foil pack. Pour remaining marinade evenly over all 4. Fold each foil packet, leaving the seam side up.
- Place completed foil packs (seam side up) onto the grill. Cook for 12-14 minutes or until shrimp is done. Enjoy!!
Want to work with Dr. Sauer and his team?
Schedule your Free 15 Min Discovery Call