Weeknights get hectic and sometimes you just need to throw something together and call dinner – DONE! This recipe is one of our go-to’s (mostly because everyone will eat it). It is quick, easy, and still meets our unique dietary needs! All of the ingredients used in this recipe are things we usually have readily available in our fridge/pantry which makes this recipe so incredibly easy to whip up in a hurry.
To make this recipe as fast and easily as possible, you should have your chicken pre-cooked. Whether you meal prep on Sundays and have a bunch of chicken left over for last minute meals or you pick up a rotisserie chicken during your Costco run (they are delicious and inexpensive) you will save a lot of time by having this step done ahead of time.
If meal prepping is not currently a part of your weekly routine, I strongly recommend you start implementing meal prepping and/or weekly meal planning to help you stay on track, stay on budget, and not get burnt out from your new dietary changes. Eating right and maintaining a healthy diet does not have to be extra work… it is just going to be an adjustment until you find your new groove.
Gluten-free diets seem to be a hot topic of conversation in today’s world. If you are not on a gluten-free diet, you may be wondering “What the heck is the big deal?” To learn more, be sure to check out Why People Chose Gluten-Free. So many people suffer from gluten intolerance and don’t even realize this is the cause of their sluggish symptoms. Eating gluten also causes inflammation in the body for some people. So, if you are someone who suffers from joint pain, headaches, IBS with constipation or diahrrea, or brain fog… eliminating gluten from your diet may be the answer!
White chicken chili is one of my family’s favorite meals and I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Be sure to leave a comment below to let others know how it turned out!!
Wanting to make this recipe even easier?! This delicious meal is also crockpot friendly! Just toss your ingredients into the crockpot, “Set it and forget it!” If your chicken is not pre-cooked, this may be an easy solution for you to save time. Add in your raw chicken breasts and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
White Chicken Chili
- 2.5 Cups Cooked chicken breast Rotisserie chickens work great to save time!
- 2 Cans Cannellini beans or Great Northern Beans Drained and rinsed
- 1 small Yellow onion
- 1 4 oz can Diced Green Chiles
- 3 Cups Organic Chicken Broth - Gluten Free
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 8 oz package Organic Neufchatel cheese Substitute dairy-free option such as Daiya cream cheese or omit if on restrictive diet.
- Gluten-free Tortilla chips, Avocado slices, Plain greek yogurt for topping. (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a medium stock pot or 6 quart dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. (About 4 minutes) Add garlic and black pepper, sauté an additional 30 seconds.
- Add in chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, oregano and paprika. Bring mixture to a slight boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans in a colander and measure out 1 cup. Set aside remaining whole beans. In a small food processor puree the 1 cup of beans with 1/4 cup of simmered broth from soup.
- Add Neufchatel cream cheese, whole beans and pureed beans into soup. Stir well and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Mix in chicken and fresh lime juice. Serve with favorite toppings such as tortilla chips, avocado slices, and/or plain greek yogurt.